Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dutch Babies and Baby Bumpo Seats!

So now that I am a Mommy . . . (wow, is that weird to say!) I have been wanting to make sure that things that I remember and love from my childhood Audrey gets to experience. Hopefully she will remember them fondly when she is all grown up just like I do now! Whenever I used to go visit my Grandpa and Grandma Jessica my Grandma would make me a breakfast called "Dutch Babies." This is considered a Dutch pancake and I remember just loving this dish! So, I have invested in the special pan it takes to make these and have already kicked out a couple of batches! I hope to make these for special Saturday mornings with Mike and Audrey and maybe one day she will make them for her babies! I can't ever imagine her that big! Yikes! Here is a pic of this special dish:



Speaking of my Grandpa and Grandma Jessica . . . I just found out that they are going to make the huge trip from Washington State to come and visit Audrey at the end of September! I am so excited for my Grandpa to meet Audrey, he's been asking me since I was 10 if I had a boyfriend because he wanted Great Grandbabies and now he finally gets to meet his first :-) Now she only has one Great Grandparent left to meet which is Mike's Grandma Eleanor. Our family is so special and I can't wait for Audrey to meet every last one of them!

And because a post isn't a post without at least one picture of Audrey . . . here she is in her Bumpo seat! If you don't know, these little seats have become a must have for infants. It helps her with head control now and when she starts eating baby food it doubles as a high chair that you set right on the counter or table and it has a little tray and everything :-) The box says 3 months and she is only 11 weeks but she has been using it for a couple of weeks now and is doing great with her head!





I just love this baby! Did you see those little toes? Does she look like anyone you know? Let me give you a hint :-) I see a little resemblence . . .

1 comment:

  1. Oh holy Hell! Mike and Audrey are like freaking twins! That is just scary - I know that she looked like him, but geez! But she is cute though (JK Mike, you are cute too!!).

    I seriously need to get my hands on that baby again though - she misses me, I know. Plan a trip - at least before she is one !

    ReplyDelete