Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Little Taste of Chicago!!

So I am in Chicago on a business trip hosted by Jenn-Air appliances. They cook with and let us cook with the appliances because if we know what features they have and what you can do with them they are much easier to sell to people! Here is a little taste of the first evening in training which was pretty much a tour and dinner!




This is from inside the clock tower of the Reed-Murdock building which is on the Chicago River waterfront.



This is the view from the clock tower balcony and that is our dinner table setting over looking the river next to the giant shuffleboard table!


The view of the clock tower from the dinner table. The previous picture was taken from that balcony!



Chicago River view from the clock tower balcony.



Rooftop Shuffleboard! I will never think of this game without thinking of Mike and my family playing in the BVIs. It was a trip tradition.



Dinner of fried rabbit! I was a little hesitant at first but everybody was doing it and I was very hungry! It was like dark meat chicken. I know Mike would have been proud of me for branching out and trying something different. He went to cold weather survival training in Maine with the Marine Corps and they gave him a rabbit that he named thumper when he got there. He had to keep it alive for several days and then they made him kill and eat it. He always said it was delicious although I would prefer to stick to chicken in the future!



Chardonnay fruit soup. This was SO good!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're having fun, Jules! Chardonnay Fruit Soup? Rabbit? Wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum on the soup..thinking of Thumper and am glad you tried something new...even if it might be a little sad to think of poor little Thumper from Maine as you ate.

    ReplyDelete