Thursday, July 14, 2011

Save the Date: Arlington National Cemetery on October 3rd!

I have finally heard back from Arlington National Cemetery and we will be holding an inurnment for Mike on October 3rd at 11am. Anyone who would like to attend is invited and the McQueeney's will be opening their nearby home in Stafford for visitors afterward. Before Mike passed away we had to have a hard conversation about his wishes. When I asked him if he wanted a marker in Arlington National Cemetery he didn't even know if he was eligible. When we found out that he was in fact eligible we decided together that it would be nice to have a place that Audrey could go and remember what a hero her Daddy was. I hope that one day she'll be able to go to this place and feel his presence with her and know how special he was. See you all in October to remember my incredible husband, he is missed every day.

3 comments:

  1. Julie, thank you for the nice note. What a gorgeous picture of the two of you! Have fun with your Mom this week!

    Cindi Ferguson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww..... :'-(. You sure have turned me into a water faucet these last few months. In that picture above I just see a guy with so much love and life left to live. Pardon the crudeness, but....F**k cancer. Ya know? Eff it.

    Thinkin' of ya every day,

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Julie,
    I thought I should just let you know that I am thinking of you and your baby. I was mike's school bus driver in Stafford . I loved him and Dana to pieces. I hope you are doing well and I will see you in October thinking of you .

    Patty Arthur

    ReplyDelete