Thursday, April 28, 2011
Quick Update!
So Mike had a little surgery procedure this afternoon. It was a simple thing that is very common although they are going to watch him more carefully than usual to make sure the tumor doesn't cause any complications. He made it in and out just fine, they didn't even put him to sleep which is why it is more of a procedure. So far, the new more permanent catheter in his abdominal wall is flowing really well which is a relief! If it goes well for the rest of the night the urologist will take out the more uncomfortable catheter tomorrow morning. I told Mike that his job for the rest of the weekend is to show the doctors that without a catheter weighing him down that he is strong! Even though I have to go home tomorrow and spend some time with our daughter, I still fully expect him to get up and out of bed. The more the doctors see him in the hallway walking around the more they will come to realize that he isn't their average patient, this is a Marine with the heart of a bull dog, just like the one tattooed on his shoulder :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thats right! They have no clue who they're dealin' with! When we going jogging Mike? ;-). You are SO strong - hang in there!
ReplyDelete- Lindsey and Jeromey
p.s. Do you guys remember meeting my mom when you came to see Toran for the first time? I told her a bit about what you're going through a few weeks ago and when I saw that pic of Mike and Audrey at Easter it reminded me of something she said. It was: a) her prayers are with you, and b) "Cancer? Ooooo I bet he's still hot though" :-D. lol.
Glad the procedure went well, I am sure that brought some necessary relief. Enjoy the time with Audrey, and tell Mike to keep on with the fight! I'm proud of you two.
ReplyDelete-Kyle