Okay, now that that nonsense is out of the way I can tell you my happy story for the day! Mike and I were both a little nervous leaving the hospital today because even though it was only a seven day stay it felt like a lifetime. He fights for every ounce of strength and he was doing so much better and then after this week I was afraid all of his work while we were home might have been erased. I was so relieved when he made it all the way to the hotel room with just the aid of his cane and I tucked him into bed and went to hunt dinner. After we ate he announced that he would really like vanilla soft serve. Not ice cream, he wanted soft serve, like from the machine not in the cooler. Anyway, I sighed and started getting ready to go hunt this because if he asks for food I make sure it appears, we are trying to get some weight on that boy! All of the sudden he announces that he is going with me. In awe I said, "let me get this straight. You want to go with me? What has gotten into you?!" He answers me back completely seriously, "well I know if I send you it will be soft serve in a cup and I really want a cone." I busted out laughing and I was so happy. That is the husband that I know and love! Hallelujah he is still in there!
Now on to the actual hunting of the soft serve. I started brainstorming since I am familiar with this area and Mike quickly ruled out the two closest places, Hardee's and Wendy's because they didn't have soft serve. It was then that I remembered that my sweet college roommate and Audrey's Godmother Lauren and I used to frequent a TCBY here in the Chapel Hill area. I have a special spot in my heart for this establishment. I remember going there as a small child on main street in Park City, Utah where I attended Kindergarten through eighth grade with my Mom. In fact, I was able to locate this picture online and I think that might be the actual building it was located in. Mom? Confirmation?
Anyway, when we moved to North Carolina we also had one in the area and at first I would stop by after a shopping trip and then as I got older a friend actually worked there and we would hang out there after school and on weekends. And of course then there is the one here in Chapel Hill that Lauren and I attended during a few late night study sessions :-) I swung by just to see if they were still open (it has been six years since I visited it) and it was open! Mike walked in and got his ice cream WITH cone. I hope you all don't think we're weird after reading this post. TCBY is just one of those things that brings so many great memories to mind!!

I love some TCBY...there is one in durham too. I always ask alex if we can go get some and looks at me like I'm crazy because I normally hate dessert. I agree with Mike...cone is better!!
ReplyDelete