Wednesday, April 6, 2011
A week in review . . .
Wow, I can't hardly believe it has been a week since my last post! Let me fill you in on what the McQueeneys have been up to this week! Last Wednesday my Mom packed up her two sweet dogs and headed home. We really appreciated her help while she was here, but we were settling into a routine and she needed some time in her quiet house :-) She has spent quite a lot of time with us over the past 6 weeks or so! That didn't mean things slowed down here though. On Thursday my Maid of Honor/Audrey's Godmother Lauren arrived with her husband Adam. We were so glad to see the Eberles! It was nice to hang out with them and laugh and have long conversations like we always do. It felt very normal :-) I also gained a shopping buddy for a day and purchased a new KING size mattress! I know what you all thinking, a KING?! Honestly, we have been dying to get a bigger sleeping space since I got pregnant a year and a half ago, plus our mattress was the cheapest one Mike could buy about 10 years ago when he first moved out of the Barracks. Needless to say, the lifetime of a mattress is 10 years and this one was lumpy and saggy and uncomfortable all around. I have never actually bought a mattress before, I always just had hand me downs!We haven't gotten the new one yet, stay tuned for a post next week :-) The Eberle's helped me entertain Audrey all weekend, and Adam got dirty in the yard to help me fix the invisible fence for the dogs. It has been broken for probably over 6 months but the dogs just realized the past couple of weeks that they could run through it and not get shocked. That quickly moved the fence fixing project up on my list! They left on Sunday morning and Mike and I enjoyed a fairly quiet day relaxing and doing a lot of house work. On Monday before work I went to take the trash out and there was a BLACK WIDOW right near the handle. I of course panicked and found myself in a situation where I would normally scream for Mike. You all would be proud to know that I drove to Walgreens and picked up a can of RAID specially formulated for Scorpians and Black Widows. I think I used half the can on that spider, I had to be sure he was dead before I risked my life to take the trash can to the curb. That was my first spider killing! Okay now the part you care about :-) Mike and I left with Audrey on Tuesday to knock out another dose of chemo which completed our first "round" (one round is three doses) Everything went well and now Mike officially has two weeks before he has to go back to start "round" two. We did stay the night and my Mom came into town to take care of Audrey at my brother's apartment (he goes to NC State.) We took advantage of the evening and went to the Cheese Cake Factory. Then we were up early this morning to head to Duke University just down the road from Chapel Hill to get a second opinion on the type of chemo that Mike is receiving. They said just what I thought they would, that Chapel Hill was giving us the right kind of chemo. Basically we just have to keep getting the treatments and wait for them to scan Mike in another 5 weeks or so. We will definitely keep the updates coming though! So sorry for the long wordy post, here are some pictures for you. I was trying to unload the car today and Audrey kept following me and trying to go outside which is dangerous since there are about 7 brick stairs. Mike pitched in the best he could!!
She kept kicking her legs and clapping her hands together with happiness :-) Is it weird that my kid LOVES to hang upside down? lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Absolutely hilarious pictures! That will build Mike's strength up. ~Mom
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I got to see you for a few minutes yesterday!!
ReplyDeleteThose pics are hilarious!! I think she is praying in the last one, please don't drop me!
ReplyDeleteYea to a round done!
so sweet....
ReplyDelete