Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Chemo Licked!

Yesterday we went to Chapel Hill so Mike could get his second round of chemo and he licked it! Everyday he gets a little stronger and I am so proud of how well he is doing!! When we got to Chapel Hill late Monday night Mike actually felt so good that instead of running through fast food we actually went out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants Carrabba's Italian Grill. I could hardly believe it, if you had asked me two weeks ago, when the next time I would go to dinner out to dinner with my husband in a real restaurant would be, I might have answered that I didn't know if we ever would again. It was so special just to sit across from him and eat a normal meal! And I had a coupon which made it even better :-) Then after dinner he actually asked to go shopping at Dick's Sporting Goods and we picked up a couple of goodies.

Mike has been wearing slippers since mid-December. We both thought these seemed like an sophisticated alternative to slippers :-) 

And this seemed only fitting! We intend to live strong everyday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like Mike is getting much stronger with each passing day. It is good to read your "upbeat" blog Julie. Take care of those allergies. They are terrible this time of year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie & Mike,
    Sorry we Haven't been in touch..(Sheryl's mom passed away 2 weeks ago),but,you are constantly in our thought & prayers ....We are so happy to hear of Mike's progress....Mike & Andy would like to take a quick road trip up to see ya'll...We will be in touch very soon...
    Love Uncle Mike & Aunt Sheryl

    ReplyDelete