Currently, Mike and I are at UNC Chapel Hill Memorial Hospital in North Carolina. This just happens to be my alma mater so it was already close to our hearts and they have a fantastic cancer treatment center. I have been camped out on a comfy couch in the room since he was admitted February 25, 2011. Since a hospital is no place for a busy 9 month old baby girl my Mom has taken on Audrey until I am able to get home and jump back into a normal schedule. One time back in October I spent two nights away from her, but even then she was with Mike so this is our first time not having her around and I am not going to lie - we missed that little nut!! After the devastating diagnosis we received Saturday morning we called my Mom and asked her to please bring Audrey for a quick visit and a few short hours later we were all together :-) I thought I would share a few photos that my Mom thought to take.
We have received so many prayers and so many words of encouragement! We are extremely blessed to have such great family and friends!! Even though we're not able to respond personally to each and every one they mean a lot! It does seem like there is also a theme of where to send cards for Mike. I would love to have them sent to our home since we don't know when Mike will be discharged and we don't want to take a chance and miss a single one. Our address is as follows:
The McQueeney Family
109 Forest Ridge Trl
Stella, NC 28582
Mike starts radiation today, fingers crossed that the tumor is no match for the power of radiation!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment