So things are looking pretty good right now for Mike to come home this week! We had hope that it would be as early as tomorrow but now it is looking like Wednesday. They just can't do anything fast at hospitals! Friday would have made one month inpatient for Mike so I am really hoping that he gets to leave before then! We still spend a night or two in the Chapel Hill area until he is a little stronger for the trip home. We will have to go back next week one day for chemo and then he'll get a whole week at home. Yay! I have to rein myself in a little because I know that just because he is home, he still won't feel good and it will probably take a little time for him to adjust. I will just be relieved that my family is under the same roof again!
A lot of people are starting to ask what the next step in his treatment is. Right now they are planning to do another pet/MRI scan in 4-6 weeks. This will show us how effective the radiation/chemo was/is. We will have a much better idea at that time of how the disease is reacting to the treatment. Let's all continue to pray that the results are shocking and that he does much better than the doctors expect!
Everyone keeps telling me how strong I am and what a great job I am doing handling this. This may sound weird, but it really does make me feel good. I am trying to be as strong as possible for Mike because the last thing he needs is a wife that is a weeping mess! I do feel a little bit of guilt though, because I think that someone in my position should be in a ball on the floor. I guess I just feel like there will be time for sadness later, right now I just want my husband home! Okay, I am done with the mushy I just wanted people to know that I am hanging in there :-)
You are doing great Julie. Thanks for posting Mike's military photos. It helps us get to know him better. You are strong......even when you don't feel it. Tons of prayers and thoughts are coming your way.
ReplyDeleteYour mom's friend Cindi