Monday, May 2, 2011

Bittersweet Birthday

     Today I woke up at 5am (if you know me that is crazy) and snatched little Audrey out of her crib to drive to Chapel Hill and spend the day with her Daddy for his Birthday! My husband is officially 32 years old today. It was definitely a bittersweet day being in the hospital, but I am just glad that we were together as a family. I think Mike was relieved to see us, he hasn't seen Audrey since Easter and even though I was only gone three nights it felt like quite a long time. His family was also down visiting from Virginia for the weekend so there was quite a crowd there with him. I won't say it was a celebration because it just didn't quite feel like that. Anyway, my parents, his family and I all pitched in to get him a brand new IPAD2. Unfortunately, it didn't quite make it from Japan in time but is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. My parents are going to fly it over to him in the purple plane later in the week. I think the highlight of my day was Mike getting out of bed and walking past the nurses station all the way to the lobby on the floor using Audrey in her stroller instead of a walker. I am so proud of his strength through all of this, he is so strong willed! No word on when he gets to come home yet, he is still healing from the abdominal wall catheter so he can't start chemotherapy yet. I hope he comes home from the hospital in time for the weekend but if doesn't I won't be upset. I don't want a repeat of what has happened the last two times he was released. I don't think I can handle another hospital ride without a bit of a break first!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Mike. You all are such a great family. Hug your mama for me!

    Cindi Ferguson

    ReplyDelete