Friday, May 27, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUDREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday my sweet angel baby Audrey turned ONE YEAR OLD! I can't hardly believe that it has been a year already and that so much can happen to one little family in just 365 days. A year ago I posted the first pictures of my sweet baby girl in my "Meet Little Audrey" post. I can't begin to tell you how much joy she has brought both Mike and I over the past year. My heart breaks that her Daddy wasn't here to celebrate with us, but I know he was here in spirit watching over her.

Since I haven't had much time to pull together a big party or tons of presents my Mom and I started early yesterday morning to pull together a small celebration. I think it turned out really sweet and although there was a cloud of sadness I will still look back with fond memories! Here is the Birthday Girl before daycare :-)

We decided to hold our celebration at Audrey's "Tios" house. Mike and I have great friends, Chuck & Peggie, and we have dubbed them Audrey's Tio and Tia since Chuck is Mexican. Here is a picture of the Birthday girl with her Tio! She's saying, "Tia! Help me!" lol.

I had to add in this little gem, I want to remember how crazy hot it was!!

After proper greetings we moved on to a pile of balloons. Who knew a one year old could have such a great time with balloons?


After our balloon fest we have a yummy dinner prepared by Peggie herself :-)

A few of you know we had plans to have a huge Birthday Party with a "Garden Party" theme. I tried to still incorporate our theme the best I could :-) Here is the table before the meal . . .

After dinner we went for a walk and toured the garden :-) See the theme? We might have even discovered a big pile of presents outside! Chuck and Peggie have an AMAZING garden. It is one of the things I look forward too all year, we usually have to take the produce out in wheelbarrow hauls.

After our stroll around the garden it was time for presents!

 
 
 
 
 


And no Birthday would be complete without cake!!! BUT, we knew how messy it would be so we all got in our swimsuits so that we could just dunk the baby when she was covered in sticky frosting :-) She wasn't really too into the frosting, but she really enjoyed the cake itself!

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

Here is three generations of girls playing in the pool!
 
And because we had a cute picture with Tio Chuck we need one with Tia Peggie!

 

*Sorry about the delay on this post, there were so many pictures and they take forever to load!!*

5 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome 1st birthday! Audrey is one lucky lady to have such a wonderful, loving mother. I am so glad that you have the strength and courage necessary to continue creating priceless memories with your beautiful daughter and friends. Happy Birthday Audrey!
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day for a lovely little girl. Thanks for sharing this joy with us, Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe I missed that awesome party!

    She is too precious and I swear looks older since the last time I saw her ;)

    (and I second Lauren, thanks for sharing the pics)!

    Aunt Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Audrey!! She is so adorable!! I love all the amazing pictures! Thanks for sharing her birthday with us! <3

    Love, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie,
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete