Thursday, May 12, 2011

Our fingers our still crossed!

     Sorry for no update yesterday but there really isn't much of one. We're still waiting for the effects of the embolism procedure to become clear. There is definitely improvement in his urine, instead of being syrupy like blood it has become more the consistency of water, like urine. But the color is still definitely red. Yesterday his blood count fell from 8.2 to 7.4. Anything below an 8.0 requires a transfusion so he received one last night and this morning his blood was up to an 8.9. We'll watch it another 24 hours and hopefully it won't drop very much! Mike is feeling pretty crummy all the time now, but I am hoping that with a little luck he'll have a good day today. A little extra blood flowing might help!

3 comments:

  1. We are still following your blog most everyday. You are turning into a regular Florence Nightengale Julie. Your blog is turning into a technical journal which, is very good for referencing. You are such a good wife & mom. Please give our best to Mike and tell him we are all "pulling for him". God bless you and your family.

    Michael & Grandma Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blog followers, I just wanted everyone to know that I could not be more proud of my daughter, Julie. She is mature beyond her years and has been so strong and supportive through all of this. I love you and am here for you Julie!!! ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie & Mike....
    Uncle Mike & I are praying for you ...we talked to Scott & Elaine last night...so sorry for all the setbacks...Uncle Mike will probably drive up real soon to see ya'll....Love you & be strong...

    ReplyDelete