Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One Year Pediatrician Visit!

I picked up Audrey this early from daycare today and we headed to the nearby town of Maysville, NC for a visit to the pediatrician. This was Audrey's one year visit and I was excited to talk about nutrition with them. I have been a little distracted the past few months and I wanted to make sure she was on track with her eating habits. For the most part she is doing great and I got a few pointers as well :-) Audrey's one year stats are as follows:

Weight - 18 pounds 14.5 ounces which is the 15-20 percentile
Height - 28 inches which is the 25 percentile
Head - 17.5 inches which is the 35-40 percentile

I can't believe my baby has grown so much this year!!!

It was SO hot today (the truck said 98 degrees) and it was just exhausting to step outside even for a second. Every time Audrey left the AC she would pass out cold :-) I even managed to undo her from the car seat, bring her into the pediatrician and undress her on the table, all without her even waking up! It was just so sweet :-) I thought you might like a peak!

After the drama of three shots and a finger prick we were back in the heat, then back in the car and on our way to run and few errands and eventually meet up with some old friends at a Mexican place in New Bern, NC which is just up the road from Maysville, NC. Although we didn't visit our favorite downtown area (see this post from last summer) we did get to eat dinner with Sean, Leah & Charlotte! I used to work with Leah when I worked at Ferguson in New Bern. She was a friend when I was planning my wedding to Mike! I could not get over how much has changed in just a few years. Leah and I used to talk all the time about having kids and now we both have sweet little girls :-) This couple was sweet enough to drive down to Jacksonville for Mike's memorial and although we never got together often enough I know that they really loved Mike and he was definitely missed! Here are a couple of (very blurry but at least you can't see the enchilada sauce all over Audrey's shirt) pictures of Leah with her toddler Charlotte and baby Audrey (about 5 minutes after Audrey gave Charlotte a violent hair pull)!

1 comment:

  1. Audrey is getting so big! Its like....she's not a baby anymore, she's turning into a LITTLE GIRL. Holy smokes! From the day you told us you were pregnant I've always been so happy you have her. Nobody deserves a precious little thing like Audrey more than you and Mike :-). And I'm "glad its a chick" lol. You two look like you have so much fun together!

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete