Monday, May 23, 2011

Thank You!!

I just wanted to take a quick minute out of the day to once again say thank you to everyone for your support, prayers and generous gifts! Over the past few months I have been amazed at the generosity and kindness of so many friends and family it is almost overwhelming! I wanted everyone to know that I have kept every card we have received since Mike was diagnosed with his cancer back in March. I have special box that I got for Christmas and I knew it was just too beautiful to throw away! Right now it is filled with love from friends and family :-)


I was very happy with Mike's Memorial Service this weekend. We had nearly 150 people attend and the entire weekend was special just remembering him! I thought that Chaplain Sandford, Major Gillikin, 2nd Lt. Allen and both Mike and Andy Hirko did a fantastic job speaking and I even learned a thing or two about my husband! The extremely talented Stephanie from La Lumiere Photography even stepped in and documented the day for me to share with Audrey when she is older. You may remember her pictures from these photos that she took of my family in early April 2011. I myself didn't take any photos but I did take these two of the larger arrangements we were sent specifically for Mike's service. I have received a lot of other beautiful flowers and we did take several of them with us for Mike's service.


(sent by Chris Joseph & Cindi Ferguson)

 (sent by my sweet Grandma Gerry and her Michael)

And in case you were wondering, yesterday after the madness calmed down I got to spend some much needed time with sweet baby Audrey!

(what I love about this photo is that a large member of our family stuck his nose in the corner!)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, its May 25th - you ready for this? Ok:

    "doe...ray...me...fa...so.....la...ti....do....." (that was my warm-up)

    "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Audrey.....happy birthday to yoooooooooou!!!!!!!" :-D

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete