Monday, May 16, 2011

The suffering is over.

Early this morning my beautiful husband Mike passed away from complications of Angiosarcoma. He is at peace now and looking out for Audrey and I from a better place, although I am sure he is just as heartbroken as we are. As always, thank you for all thoughts and prayers. I will post service information when the arrangements are made. Much love,

Julie

28 comments:

  1. Oh my dear Julie and Audrey. We are so very sad and know you two must be feeling completely broken. Know we are thinking of you,
    Deb, Ally, Rick and all of your Lake Norman family including Peninsula friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Time for me to go now, I won't say goodbye;
    Look for me in rainbows, way up in the sky.
    In the morning sunrise when all the world is new,
    Just look for me and love me, as you know I loved you.

    Time for me to leave you, I won't say goodbye;
    Look for me in rainbows, high up in the sky.
    In the evening sunset, when all the world is through,
    Just look for me and love me, and I'll be close to you.

    It won't be forever, the day will come and then
    My loving arms will hold you, when we meet again.

    Time for us to part now, we won't say goodbye;
    Look for me in rainbows, shining in the sky.
    Every waking moment, and all your whole life through
    Just look for me and love me, as you know I loved you.

    Just wish me to be near you,
    And I'll be there with you."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie......I am so sorry for this terrible ordeal you have had to endure (and of course for Mike). You will have many wonderful memories of Mike throughout your life, but the most beautiful one will be Audrey. I am proud to have known of Mike - someone so brave and honorable that he fought for our country and someone who left behind a beautiful family like yours. I had the good fortune of taking a walk with your mom yesterday and Audrey came with us. She is a special little girl. Thoughts and prayers are with you from so many people - even those you don't know, like me. Cindi, your mom's friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry Julie, we all are heartbroken, but he is in a better place watching over your family. Now he's your guardian angle. Love and prayers, Dave,

    ReplyDelete
  5. U have my prayers, sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, Please accept our most sorrow at this time of mourning. Words can not decsribe our heart felt grief for your loss. God bless you and your precious daughter Audrey.

    Grandma Gerry & Michael

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear of Mike's passing, he was a terrific person. He leaves a big hole in the lives and hearts of his family, and of everyone who knew him. May God keep you all in the palm of his hand during this time of grief and in time give you peace. As always you all are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. Linda Lipscomb

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your loss. I will say this knowing it will not make the pain go away however your husband is in a better place now. God let him rest in peace and be out of pain. I am praying for you and your family.

    Katie Overall

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie,
    We are so sorry....
    We will see you @ the funeral....until then you are in our thoughts & prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a beautiful and strong woman, Julie. There are so many broken hearts on this day. Mike was a truly lucky man to have you by his side during this horrific ordeal. Memories are precious.

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  11. My family and I send our deepest regards to you and your daughter. I worked at 2MSOB and knew Mike. He was a terrific guy and will be missed so very much.

    Crystal Keener

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Cindy and Jamie Hardison

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know I already sent you a message but I again wanted to tell you how truly sorry I am for your loss. Mike was such a great guy and will be missed by many. Prayers for you all.

    Carol Eller

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie, i am so sorry to hear about Mike. I cant believe he is gone but know that now he is no longer suffering. If there is ANYTHING i can do please let me know! <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jules,

    God bless you and your little girl. I know there are no words that can heal your pain...But please remember that there is love that surrounds you always. Stay strong and look up for faith.

    Jennifer Harris
    Ferguson

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julie, I am so sorry. You are in my every thought and prayer. Mike was such a great person and is missed by so many people. Audrey is a wonderful reminder of your precious time together.

    Love you always, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  17. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your beautiful daughter. May God wrap his arms around you both and give you strength. Lisa Chambers

    ReplyDelete
  18. Julie you were so brave through all of this. Mike was very lucky to have had such a wonderful and supportive wife. I know he is in a better place now and will continue to watch over you and Audrey. Please let me know if I can do anything to help.
    Sincerely,
    Kyle Blodgett

    ReplyDelete
  19. Julie, Words can't express how my heart breaks for you, Audrey, and your entire family. I have watched you grow into such a beautiful, strong, and courageous young woman and you have handled this tragedy with such love and such grace. I know the love between you and Mike was pure and something to behold. My thoughts are with you. Love Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Julie, Dan and I are so sorry. Please let me know if there is absolutely anything that you need. We are thinking about you and your family and hope that somehow you find some aort of peace in knowing that he really is in a better place. ~ The English Family.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Julie.
    I am so sorry to hear about Mike. He will always be looking over you and your beautiful daughter! You are a strong person Julie. Our thoughts and prayers are w you and your family.

    Justine.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My heart is breaking for you. And for Mike. He fought SO hard and you were right alongside him the whole way pushing just as hard. You're amazing Julie - he loved you and Audrey so much. I know that wherever he is now he's looking down and telling anybody who'll listen about how proud he is. And telling stories of the a beautiful, precious baby girl you made together that he left in such great hands. We're all going to miss him so much :'-(.

    Lindsey, Jeromey, and Toran

    ReplyDelete
  23. My heart goes out to Julie and Audrey. When I think of Mike I will always remember him being so full of life. You are in all of my thoughts and prayers.

    Kristina Emerson Day

    ReplyDelete
  24. My Daddy, My Angel

    Your battle is now over, no more tears flowing down your cheek,
    no more pain, no more suffering, now you are no longer weak.
    I still do not understand why this had to happen to you,
    but I am proud to say you are my dad, the greatest man I ever knew.
    Although you will not be here to walk me down the aisle,
    when that day comes I know you will be by my side with a smile.
    You were always there for me and never once made me cry,
    until the day you closed your eyes and had to say goodbye.
    Now you are my Angel, so spread your wings out wide,
    please wrap them around me whenever you see me cry.
    Our time together was memorable and God took you way too fast,
    But the most precious thing to me was you being there for my first breath,
    and me being there for your last.


    Julie you and little Audrey are in our thoughts and prayers always. Mike was great man,Marine,and father and he was loved by everyone who had the pleasure to meet him. No better friend no greater Hero.Danny & LesLeeAnn Watts

    ReplyDelete
  25. Julie and Audrey, You have both been in our thoughts for so long now. Lauren has been keeping us up-to-date on Mike, and we are so heartbroken to hear of his passing. Please know that we are happy to help in any way we can. All our love, Bryan and Ashley Leath

    ReplyDelete
  26. Julie- I wish their was something I could say or do to help with the pain you are feeling. If their is ANYTHING that my wife or I can do to help..PLEASE..contact me..even if you need to get out of town and want to come to Florida..you've got a place to stay in my home- You and Audrey will ALWAYS be welcome in my home. Mike was one of the best friends I had while serving in the Marines. I'll never forget his energy, his goofiness, his HUGE SMILE or his general love for life. I'll ALWAYS be here for you and Audrey-

    ReplyDelete
  27. Julie,

    Paul and I were crushed when we heard the news. We had no idea Mike was ill until this evening. I dropped off a ups letter at you home this evening that was sent to my address accidentally and saw Cindy from next door outside. She told me what had happened and I was devastated. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet baby girl. If there is anything you need we are 2 houses away.

    Tina and Paul Spaulding
    119 forest ridge tr

    ReplyDelete
  28. Julie,

    I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that no amount of words can take away the pain and sorrow but know that our entire family has you, Audrey, and your family lifted up in our prayers. Stay strong and know that Mike is in a much better place watching over you both.

    Kevin Bonner and family

    ReplyDelete